Turn your passion into a thriving business.
What is CO.STARTERS?
CO.STARTERS is a nine-week program that equips aspiring entrepreneurs with the insights, relationships, and tools needed to turn business ideas into action and turn a passion into a sustainable and thriving business.
Who is it for?
If you're an aspiring entrepreneur, or a seasoned entrepreneur looking to launch a new product or service, CO.STARTERS is for you. The only real prerequisites are (1) having an idea you're ready, willing, and excited to share and pursue and (2) a willingness to study, shape and fine-tune that idea in a supportive, collaborative, and welcoming environment. If you're creative and community-minded, and you’re serious about turning your passion into a sustainable business, we want you. Submit your application by filling out the electronic application below.
What to expect:
How much does it cost?
- 1 on 1 support from a seasoned entrepreneur
- 9 weeks of classroom instruction
- Mentorship and class speakers
- Opportunity to hone your business pitch
- Service hours from local providers
- Week 1: Knowing Yourself (Assumptions, Working Styles, Team Building, Obstacles)
- Classes take place once a week for nine weeks.
- The cost of CO.STARTERS is $195 for City of Lynchburg residents and $245 for non-residents.
- A non-refundable $100 fee is due when you are accepted into the program to hold your space in the program. Flexible payment plans may be negotiated.
- Only credit or debit cards are accepted, no cash or check.
- Must be 18 years or older to register for the course.
- The deadline to apply for the spring cohort is January 31, 2017.
- Classes will take place on Mondays from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. beginning March 13, 2017.
CO.STARTERS is supported by the Lynchburg Economic Development Authority,
If you have any trouble with the form, please email Anna Bentson firstname.lastname@example.org.